Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Feeling Blessed

After a random act of kindness- a coffee date with a sweet friend- and some insight into who I've become over the past little while, I am feeling very blessed.

Feeling blessed is kind of ironic considering the random act of kindness made me feel guilty about how I've been living, the heart to heart with my friend inspired me to be the opposite of who I've been lately and the insight has shown me that I haven't been a very nice person lately, or one I've ever wanted to be but here I am.

Reasons for being thankful:

Although feeling convicted, I'm reminded of how special and important it is to go out of your way to do something for someone else- unexpected and undeserved.

I have a wonderful friend who reminds me of the person I am created to be and inspires me to find my way there again and reminds me of the deep, unconditional love that Jesus has for me and all of us.

Even though I drift away from God and follow my own agenda without giving Him a second thought, He never lefts me drift too far away before reminds me of the person I really am and calls me back, giving me more chances than I ever deserve to become who He created me to be. Though I am so unworthy of His love, never has He once made me feel that way, ever so the opposite.

I have the most amazing fiance whom I can never thank God enough for. I don't know how I got so lucky, well there is no way I could ever get that lucky- I know it was something way bigger than "luck" it was God.


I have not been my best self lately. For a long while. Suddenly yet without notice I slipped into a mentality that I really don't care for and goes against what I believe and should be living for. I'm going to start putting my foot down to myself.


Ephesians 4:22-24 tells us to put of our old way of life which is being corrupted with deceitful desires and to have a new attitude of our minds. It doesn't say our mind is corrupted, it say it is being corrupted. It's a constant battle, not a one time occasion. An attitude is something we have to choose based on the events that happen in our lives even within minutes. 1 Peter 5:8 says be alert (fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; an attitude of vigilance, readiness, or caution, as before an expected attack), and of sober mind. Usually when I think of sober mind, my thoughts just assume it means don't get drunk but if you think about it, sober means not intoxicated. Liquor isn't the only thing we can be intoxicated by. We can let relationships, habits, addictions, or the world's way of living begin to intoxicate and control our lives and it seems to happen without us even realizing it, whether it seems harmful or not. So why does God tell us to be alert and not intoxicated? Because "your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour". The devil isn't enticing you with things that go against God's carefully planned out guidelines for us because he wants you to have fun living life your own way, he does it because he wants to devour you like a lion! That doesn't not sound like fun to me. He wants to destroy your life without you even realizing what's happening before it's too late. WE NEED TO BE ALERT AND ON THE LOOK OUT. We should be expecting an attack. Even in Luke 21 it says to always be on the watch and pray that you may be able to escape what is about to happen. This is an ongoing theme and a serious matter. It's something we need to be actively doing. When we commit our lives to Jesus we aren't just instantly given a new mind and attitude, it's something we're challenged to work on and change- Something we need to seek every day, with every decision.

  The one who has your best interest at heart, who loves you more than anything doesn't want you to be tricked and fooled by the one seeking to destroy everything you are. BE ACTIVE!






No comments:

Post a Comment